Sunday, September 23, 2012

The Golden Fleece

  




I finished reading Padraic Colum Golden Fleece and The Heroes Who Lived Before Achilles,The The Golden Fleece and The Heroes Who Lived Before Achilles it’s another history type story/book.   It seems to have a general story line of the golden fleece and then it has other stories through the main story telling about other Greek myths.

I'm not going to regale you with the whole story...because once you read one version of a Greek myth then you have read them all.  And some re-tellings are a lot better told than others.  Colum seems to have a very dry version of these tales.  Colum has two more Newbery Honor books that I will have to read...and I can tell you I'm not really looking forward to them.  

On another note.  Three books down and halfway through the 1922 Newbery books!

No comments:

Post a Comment